Biggin To Rochester In The Back!

Got a text from Bruno asking me if I was interested in a free seat with a PPL pilot, how could I say no? - I got to the flying club early and met the student before Bruno arrived and we chatted about his training etc he has got just over 45 hours (ish) and will be ready for the exam I think the aim of today was to make sure all was well after a bit of a brake from flying, he had decided that he wanted to go to Rochester for a land away. I did the walk around with the student which was good fun as it was the first walk around I had done on the C172. After checking the fuel, lowering the flaps, checking the aircraft would not full apart once air born we was ready to get strapped in and the sun had come out to shine!. We checked everything was working did the checklists and then started up and taxied out to the hold A1 runway 21. Because of a twin taking up the entire C taxi way asked Biggin App if we could do the power checks at A1 which the tower said sure :). Getting airborne we routed out to Sevenoaks and then direct to Rochester. Positioned on the downwind runway 20R (I think) maybe 16? and landed. Went to the Tower to pay the landing fees had all ready been in the Tower when I made my film but it was good to see the tower on a clear day! Went off to the cafe were Bruno invited me on another flight at 1430 which I was well up for going on (of course!) We enjoyed a cup of tea and had a chat then decided that we should start making our way back to Biggin, we got strapped in and started up taxied out to the runway and took off! After making a few turns we were on track to Biggin Hill, where during the downwind for runway 21 got quite close ( i thought anyway) to a Cessna 152 but we made it in a nice soft landing! - Back to the club where we shut down! A very enjoyable flight

0 comments:

Post a Comment